You just need a few things.
– This helpful video: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2012_Subaru_Outback_2.5i_Premium_2.5L_4_Cyl./lights/headlight
– a flashlight
– some disposable gloves
– a nylon rivet tool. (Preferably, the other tool. Not the one you have.)
– back up rivets, you know, just in case
– the right replacement bulb, not the one that the corrupted databases tell you that you need (SilverStar Ultra H7 is low beams, NOT H11, which is probably high beams, although I haven’t pulled them out yet to see if H11 matches anything)
– a sense of humor helps
I think that’s all.
– a contortionist brother with the proportions of the Slenderman — must be able to scratch his right ear by wrapping his right arm around his head and in front of his neck in order to scratch his right earlobe. And have a long neck. And he should have pretty strong hands, and be able to perform fine motor tasks by feel. And be willing to help. And pleased that it’s your car and not his.
If you don’t have that, then basically, just give up. Because nothing really happens without that.